Summer Enrichment classes are open to children who reside in the Madison Metropolitan School District and have completed grades K-4 in the 2017-18 school year. The curriculum is designed to provide expanded learning opportunities and experiences for interested students who are self-motivated and committed to participation. All classes run from June 18-July 27, 2018 (no school on July 4). Enrollment for enrichment courses opens on Monday, April 9 at 9:00 a.m. Click here to enroll!
This year, each elementary school site will offer the same six classes. Each class will last for three weeks, so for every period of enrichment your child has on their schedule, they will be able to take two different classes. Students who enroll in our enrichment program will take all six of our enrichment classes during Summer School. Here are the classes we are offering this year:
- Art expressions - In this class, students will have the opportunity to express themselves through paint, drawing, and more.
- Engineering with Legos - We are taking our love for Legos up a notch! Students will be able to experiment with Legos in new ways which will reinforce introductory STEM concepts.
- Movement, fun and fitness - Similar to a physical education class during the regular year, students are going to get up and move through sports and games.
- Taking learning outdoors - We are taking learning outdoors with a hands on class that focuses on learning about the environment in and around our community.
- Technology and robotics - This new class will introduce basic coding and robotics techniques to all students in a fun and interactive way.
- World explorers - Students will learn about different cultures around the world.